The workout was 6 miles with 10 second plus and 10 second minus marathon paces. I thought about trying to do like 8:30/8:15 but once I started, given the weather, and how the 8:25 I started at felt, I decided to just run a tempo and not try to make those adjustments. I managed to keep it all together for the six miles as well. I was going to do it as an out-and-back, always a little fearful of no bathroom (I also started before the park opened so didn't have a stop before I started), but I felt strong and decided to do the big loop.
I feel really pretty proud of this run. I feel like I made all the correct adjustments and got in the work that hopefully made a difference. I, of course, wished that I could go out there and drop the marathon pace for these work outs, but I'm realizing I have to respect the weather and try to get the work in for work's sake then focus on the time. I hope that, when it comes to the Maine Event (pun intended), the work in the summer will pay off, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment