Then I had sort of a down week, August 10th. I hit two runs early on, but then got sort of walloped by upcoming travel stress so missed an easy run in hopes of hitting a long run before we headed over seas, but the long run did not go according to plan.
It was supposed to be 16 miles with two set of four miles at marathon pace in the middle. I did it on the treadmill because I had an inspection in the mid-morning so I didn't want to get stuck away from the house. I managed the first set of MP at something a little slower, but then never was able to rally back and called it at 11 miles. I think some of that was travel stress and worrying if I pushed that I might have stomach issues and some of it was me probably just giving. Although traveling is a lot of fun, it's a lot of work and stress so I think it just go to me.
But then we headed off to Scotland for a week of hiking which was really do. I was nervous about missing the week as we are in crunch time, but that's life and, hey, there are worst things to miss a week of running for. We were moderately active too so it wasn't just an eat and drink feast. I did pick up a cold which was frustrating and the 14 miler I planned was 10 miles on Sunday, but I at least got that in.
Since coming back, the week of training has gone fairly well. I did a really good mile repeat workout that felt very chill which was awesome. I started to have some knee pain which was not awesome, but I think it was from both wearing super shoes and jumping right back in. I took cares to ice and use ibuprofen and I think (hope) it's passed. Today was an 18 miler with MPs for 4, 3 and 2 miles. I handled it mostly okay, hitting close to goals for the 4 and 3, but bailed on the last mile of the 2 as my wheels were coming off. It was slightly warm and more humid than expected to have impacted me so I think that was some of the pace misses (also again, hopefully).
It beat me up pretty good, which is not always the best feeling for various reasons, but being that I contemplated just dropping to the half marathon in October at mile 5, I guess we can call this one a success. I have two 20 milers in the next two weeks and then it's a quick taper. I'm not sure what I'm thinking about this race just yet, so that's a post for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment